NOMINATIONS NEEDED NOW
WHO GETS YOUR VOTE FOR UNIVERSITY AWARDS?
Each Homecoming, the BYU Alumni Association honors individuals or couples who have given outstanding service through a variety of ways. Individuals may be nominated to receive one of the following University Awards:
- Distinguished Service: awarded to BYU alumni who have given extraordinary service in the areas of their professions, community, nation, church or BYU. We are looking for balanced individuals who have offered service in several areas.
- Emeriti Distinguished Service: awarded to BYU alumni (70 years or older) who have given extraordinary service in their mature years to their community, nation, church, profession or BYU. We seek balanced individuals who have rendered service in multiple areas.
- Young Alumni Distinguished Service: awarded to BYU alumni (40 years or younger) who have given extraordinary service in the areas of their professions, community, nation, church and BYU. We are looking for balanced individuals who have offered service in several areas.
- Service to Family: awarded to BYU alumni for exceptional contributions rendered in service to families, whether in one’s own home, community or nation. Award may be given to an individual, couple or family.
- Honorary Alumni: awarded to individuals who have not attended BYU but have rendered outstanding and significant service to BYU.
Please help us identify outstanding BYU alumni and friends of the university through your nominations. Nominations include a complete nomination form, and three letters of recommendation. Be concise, yet specific, as to how the nominee’s accomplishments meet the University Award requirements (listed above). Make copies of the form if you intend to nominate more than one person. All nominations should be confidential, particularly to the person nominated.
Printable Nomination Form
Nominate Online Form
Mail nominations to BYU University Awards, 280 Hinckley Center, Provo, UT 84602
, fax to (801) 422-0537, or to nominate online, click here
. Attach the nomination form and three letters of recommendation. Nominations must be received by Friday, Feb. 28, 2014
Thank you for helping us in acknowledging individuals who are truly outstanding. Questions, contact Michael Busenbark. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (801) 422-6751. To view a list of former recipients, click here
- Award recipients must be present at Homecoming to receive the award.
- Couples may be nominated together for the Service to Family Award.
- The BYU Alumni Association must be able to obtain an ecclesiastical endorsement for the selected recipients.
- Previous University Award recipients.
- Those serving in an elective public office. (Nominees must have retired or finished their term in an elective office before being selected).
- Awards are not given posthumously.
- BYU employees.
- Members of the governing boards, including General Authorities.
All nomination forms not selected may be resubmitted for up to three years.